Profiling future leaders in an insurance multinational
The target population for our Profiling work with this client was that of the Leader-Producers. A group who were already highly effective from a technical perspective and had been identified internally as being of "high potential".
Nicholson McBride used the future-based competencies that were already in place, to design and deliver a programme of development, which involved:
- A Discovery Centre based on a future day in the life of a high calibre manager at the company.
- A detailed, one-to-one debrief of each participant's performance with a Nicholson McBride consultant. As well as giving the feedback, the consultant started to coach the individual, and with them, identify a path for development.
- The creation of a personal development plan.
The Discovery Centre was supported internally by a number of initiatives that individuals could tap into, including e-based learning, one-to-one coaching and classroom interventions.
Two other factors ensured the success of the programme:
- Individuals held the budget for their own development, and as a result were focused on the learning that would get the most return.
- In return for the investment the organisation put into the individual's learning and development, each participant had to deliver on a business-critical project.