Helen is a business psychologist who specialises in helping organisations to become more effective through their people. Since 1992, she has led long-term, in-depth projects across the UK and the rest of Europe with a wide variety of clients. She has worked in most major industrial sectors, as well as the public sector.
Helen is a Chartered Occupational Psychologist and an Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society. She graduated in Psychology from Bristol University, and joined the National Health Service as a Research Psychologist. She then completed an MSc in Organisational Psychology, based on an investigation of what makes people feel committed to the companies they work for.
- Devising and implementing programmes on leadership skills, change management, communication, customer focus, career guidance, and interpersonal skills, among others.
- Coaching and mentoring top team members in their personal effectiveness.
- Facilitating strategy development with board members.
- Managing the assessment and selection of people for key positions, and achieving alignment of roles within organisational restructures.
- Helping teams at all levels work together more effectively.
- Shaping organisational structures to meet the changing demands of the business.
- Monitoring the quality of relationships between organisations and their customers.
- Researching and developing company-wide communications strategies.
- Designing and managing employee opinion surveys, and feeding the results into culture change programmes.
- Carrying out research to gain direct feedback from clients' customers.
- Speaking on conference platforms, as well as radio and television.