What is coaching all about?
We help individuals improve their performance and maximise their potential. The desire for coaching may be triggered by particular needs or challenges. For instance: "I need help in getting that promotion", "I need to get better at…", "I want to be successful in achieving...".
A sample approach
Understanding the current situation and establishing the individual's objectives for coaching - agreeing measures of success and setting priorities for change.
Reviewing feedback on the individual, collected by us or based on existing 360° feedback. (Optional, but recommended).
Sessions 3 - 5 (monthly)
Confidential one-to-one coaching drawing on a wide range of techniques, leadership and management knowledge. Creating a strategy for change: harnessing strengths, identifying barriers and working to overcome them.
Reviewing progress and repeating 360º feedback if appropriate. Agreeing a sustainable action plan for change - focusing on personal ownership for change.
- Developing people management skills.
- Taking on a new role / team.
- Understanding myself and my impact.
- Understanding others.
- Securing promotion.
- Leading strategic change.
Our coaches will
- Listen and challenge.
- Provide unbiased input.
- Act as a sounding board.
- Offer expertise in psychology and behaviours.
- Contribute an external perspective and knowledge.
- Provide practical strategies and tools.
- Use diagnostic / psychometric tools if appropriate.
- Help to develop specific goals and action plans.
We always review the effectiveness of our coaching. Measures of success are agreed and used to monitor progress. We measure personal satisfaction and implementation of actions, as well as shifts in others' perceptions of how the individual is performing.